Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pennants

A few weeks ago we hosted a party at our place and for this I bought some very bright colored pennants for the porch. I actually didn't like these afterall -  I had more something like these soft colored pennants in mind... So pretty! Huh??













I remembered I had some linen and I then started out on a stamping project using the Spellbinders pennants die, the linen, a beautiful butterfly stamp from Hero Arts, broken china distress ink & some twine....


I was a bit too optimistic with my time schedules and all - so my small banner ended up as decor inside on a mirror instead ;))   

I now have on my future to-to list to create a banner with double pennants,  stitched on the sewing machine, for future use ... One of those projects for the winter time, I guess....


And we used the very bright colored one instead.... It was festive afterall ;))

(picture taken with the evening sunlight at the porch - my husband taking a break from the preparations)...

And I will leave you with a card also using pennants - these ones I created with washi tape and some great Hero Arts /Studio Calico Stamps.

Supplies
Stamps: Hero Arts You are the Best ST510, Hero Arts Hooray ST509, Hero Arts Woodgrain Pattern S5100.
Other: Hero Arts notecard, washi tape, fiskars cloud punch, misc inks...




Sorry for the long post today. Thank you so much for stopping by!


5 comments:

Brenda said...

Love your long patio and the lovely sunlight you were getting! Those pennants with the HA butterfly is simply beautiful! Love the card you made too, such nice colour combo!

Leni said...

Beautiful house!!!!! Super! And I also love your cards!

CinnamonSally said...

Your pennants with the butterflies are gorgeous Pia, and what a stunning house you have. I have also been making pennants but with blue and pink gingham fabric,I love gingham!

Tiffany Ervin said...

How fabulous is this?! Love the inspiration photo and how festive you have decorated your home with this idea!! Simply love it, Pia!

Mad said...

Love your post of today, what a great place to live!!
I am so glad that you are blogging more regularly, I used to follow you at Flickr, but it is really nice to visit your blog!!

Love your style Pia!